Griffith is known as the food bowl of Australia.
It is a major regional city in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area in the north-western part of My Riverina.
Some of the well known events in this area are:
- Riverina Field Days, which is held annually in May
- La Festa, Wine, Food and Multicultural Festival, which is held annually over the Easter weekend
- Festival of Gardens, which is held annually in October
- Sikh Games, held annually on the June Long Weekend
- unWINEd, held annually on the June Long Weekend
- Multicultural Festival of Griffith – each year in October
- Festa delle Salsicce (Festival of the Sausage) – each year in August
You can see that a festival region marches on a full stomach, courtesy of its food bowl status.
On the My Riverina site, snap up any food offerings from Griffith as you know you’re buying from a premiere region.
More about the Riverina
Read more about the Riverina NSW here.